Upgrade Your Plan: Not seeing this feature in your account? It may not be available in your current plan. Upgrading your ecomdash plan gives you access to additional features and products. Learn more.
If you generate shipping labels in ecomdash, you can set defaults to reduce the amount of information you’ll need to provide within the shipping workflow.
The default shipper will automatically be selected when a new shipment is created, but can be adjusted if necessary. Please see our guide to add shipping carriers to your ecomdash account.
To set your default shipper:
1. Navigate to Settings > Shipment.
2. From the Default Shipper dropdown, select the carrier you’d like to be used as the default.
3. Select Save to update your default shipper.
You can also set carrier specific shipping defaults to be used when a specific carrier is selected during the shipping workflow.
To set carrier defaults:
1. Navigate to Settings > Integrations & Tools.
2. In the Options section, choose View on the Carrier Setup tile.
3. Select View for the carrier you’d like to set defaults for.
4. In the Default Settings section, choose the options you’d like to be used as the default for your selected carrier.
5. Select Save to update your carrier settings.
Default Shipping Weight
Shipping weight can be added for the products in your inventory. When the shipping weight is set, ecomdash will use that information to determine the weight of the package during the shipping workflow. Although the weight will automatically be set when the shipment is created, it can be changed if necessary.
To set shipping weight for a product:
1. Navigate to Products > All Products.
2. Select Actions > View for the product you want to make edits to.
3. In the Shipping section, enter the Shipping Weight Major and Shipping Weight Minor for your selected product.
- Shipping Weight Major: Pounds/Kilograms
- Shipping Weight Minor: Ounces/Grams
4. Choose Actions > Save to save your product details.
If you need additional assistance, we’re here to help. You can always -
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chat with a live agent within your ecomdash account.
- Schedule a call with a product specialist - available to all pro plan users.