Ecomdash can be connected to ShipStation using three methods depending on your needs. First, the ShipStation App allows Ship Station to perform inventory management. When installed, the app gives ShipStation access to the quantity of your products stored in ecomdash. Second, when added as a storefront, ecomdash can perform order management for ShipStation. Once added as a storefront, sales orders in ShipStation are shared with ecomdash. Finally, adding ShipStation as a warehouse or converting existing warehouses into Shipstation allows ecomdash to send order information to ShipStation. This guide covers adding ShipStation as a warehouse.
To setup a Shipstation Warehouse:
1. Gather your API Key & Secret- Within ShipStation, head to Account Settings (the gear icon in the upper right).
2. If you already have your API Key & Secret, you do not need to Regenerate API Keys. You can use the keys already created. If you need to generate new information, click the green Generate New API Keys button to create a unique Key & Secret for your account. Save both the API Key and Secret for use later.
3. Navigate to Settings > Warehouse Settings > Warehouse Setup
4. To convert an existing warehouse into a Shipstation warehouse, click 'view' next to that warehouse and skip to step 6. To setup a new warehouse, click "Add New". In most cases you will want to convert your warehouses rather than setting up new ones.
5. Name your Warehouse and complete any additional information you would like to store.
6. Select the option to "Enable Warehouse Integration" and set the Integration Type to "ShipStation Integration".
7. Define your order export settings. Auto Export Sales Orders will automatically dispatch any orders assigned to the ShipStation warehouse to ShipStation. Include FBA Sales Orders will include FBA orders with these exports.
8. Add the ShipStation API Key and Secret from Step 2. Select the ShipStation Storefront you would like to post orders too and click "Save".
9. Your ShipStation Warehouse setup is complete.