Ecomdash supports the ability to combine multiple sales orders into a single shipping order. This feature allows you to optimize shipping solutions in the event a single customer creates multiple orders that can be shipped together.
In order to combine shipping orders, the orders must have the same shipping address and be in an unshipped status.
How to Combine Shipping Orders
1. Create Shipping Orders for your Sales Orders. Some order processing workflows may create shipping orders automatically - if not, you'll need to complete Steps 1-3 in this guide to have Shipping Orders created for each Sales Order you would like to combine: https://support.ecomdash.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000728403-Shipping-Order-Work-Flow.
2. Navigate to Shipments> Merchant.
3. On this screen, there will be a blue 'i' beside an order's Ship To information if there are any shipping orders eligible for combination. If you hover over the 'i,' you can see which order(s) will be combined for shipment.
4. Select Actions > Combine Shipping Orders. The order you select the Combine Shipping Orders option on will be the master shipping order moving forward.
5. Generate your packing slip and shipping labels from the master shipping order.
6. Ecomdash will pass tracking and carrier information back to the storefront for each sales order that was combined for shipping purposes.
All related shipping orders are combined. If there are three related shipping orders, you cannot combine orders 1 & 2, while shipping order 3 separately. You can hover over the blue "i" icon to see which orders will be combined for shipment.
Once combined, shipping orders can be uncombined by selecting Actions> Remove Shipment Relationship. This can be done until the order is marked as Shipped.