The reference ID field, in ecomdash, is the unique mapping system that we use to map SKUs that are different on each channel you have to your products listed.
Below are step by step instructions on setting the reference ID within your products below:
1. First you will create a export format under Settings > Inventory Settings -> Export Format and click the action dropdown under export format and choose 'Add New Export Format'
2. Add the product attribute SKU number, Name, and Reference ID and save your format.
3. Navigate to Inventory – Inventory Management – from the ‘Export’ dropdown select ‘All Inventory for filter. This will produce a .CSV file for you to download.
4. You also may want to generate an Active Listings report from your sales channel or our reports Reporting > Reports > Listings Reports > or Active Or Unlisted Products report.
5. Once you have the files needed, you will edit the SKU number found in the Reference ID column so that it matches what is on your sales channl.
8. Save this file as a .CSV file
9. Once the file is completed, you will navigate to Settings > Inventory Settings > Import Format – Select Add New Import Format and name the import format.
10. From the Storefronts dropdown, select the sales channel you are editing
11. Add the product attribute SKU number, Name, and Reference ID and save your format.
12. Once you have built the format to look exactly like the file, you will click save.
13. Navigate to Inventory > Quick Links > Upload Inventory History
14. You will select your File, your format you created and choose ‘Overwrite Existing Product Details with File’ from the ‘If the SKU matches existing inventory you want ecomdash to’ dropdown.
This will set your reference ID value within ecomdash for ecomdash. Then the SKU that is set on your channel is mapped within ecomdash. This will allow ecomdash to track inventory for 1 product but multiple listings with different SKU numbers