Looking to ship from within your ecomdash account? Below are some helpful tips & tricks to use/keep in mind when shipping within ecomdash!
UPDATE 1/29/2020: Based on user feedback, we have made a few updates to the new shipping workflow which I have listed below. We will continue to listen to all feedback provided as we work to offer the best solution for all users.
- You can now select specific orders you want to work in the Shipment Options page. The initial release forced you to pick a carrier, delivery confirmation, and shipping service for all orders in the Shipping Options page. You will now see checkboxes next to the shipping orders, allowing you to unselect any orders you do not wish to process together in a batch.
- Shipping Orders will now be ordered by shipping order number, making it easier to locate and process orders for shipment.
- Quick access to the Shipping Rules builder has been added to the Shipment Options page.
1. Looking to save time? Use Shipping Rules to have your shipping orders automatically moved to the Pick, Pack, Ship page with a rate already assigned. All you would need to do is confirm the purchase and print the labels!
2. From the Shipping Queue, select orders you plan to ship with the same carrier, delivery confirmation, and shipping service since you will be using the same values for the whole batch.
3. Want to see what rates are available for your orders? When in Shipment Options, set the Carrier then you can click Actions > Get Rates next to the shipping orders to see what rates are available. You can then use that info to decide which Shipping Service to select.
4. Need to edit the weight or dimensions while shipping an order out? Once the shipping order is on the Shipment Options page, click Actions > Edit Weight/Dimensions next to the order to make any necessary changes.
5. Need to correct a shipping address? At any point during the shipping workflow, click Actions > View next to the order to view it's details. There you will be able to make any needed edits to the address.
6. If ecomdash is not able to find a rate for the order using the shipping service selected, the order will go to the Shipment Options page where an message will be displayed letting you know why a rate could not be found.
7. To access your Shipping Label History, click the flag icon in the top right of your account, select Order/Shipping, click the Shipping Label History tab.
8. Want to see the status of your shipments? Click the flag icon in the top right of your account, select Order/Shipping, click the Shipping Label History tab then click Actions > View next to a batch. There you will see all tracking numbers for that batch and if you click the tracking number, you will be able to see where that shipment is.
Other things to note:
- If you utilize the old shipping workflow, you will only be able to print label on an order-by-order basis. You will need to go to Shipments > All Shipping Orders > click into the order to print the label.
- Shipping Label History will now only show new labels. Labels generated prior to 1/16/2020 will only be able to be accessed within the shipping order itself.
Need a walk-through of the shipping process within ecomdash, click here!