Ecomdash can link drop-shippers so that orders made on your integrated storefronts are automatically sent to your drop-shipper for fulfillment. Ecomdash can communicate this information via FTP, SFTP, or email.
1. To add a warehouse feed that will allow ecomdash to automatically route orders to your supplier, you can either click the “Add/Edit Warehouse Feeds” link on the dashboard or you can click Settings > Warehouse Settings > Dropship/3PL.
2. To set up a warehouse feed for an existing warehouse click the warehouse.
3. If you have not already set up the warehouse, click Add New to create a new one.
4. Once you have filled out the Warehouse Information, check the Enable Warehouse Integration box to begin setting up the feed.
5. Now you need to select the Integration Type (Email, FTP, FBA, or SFTP). The Export Timing dropdown menu allows you to select whether you want ecomdash to export order files to your vendor at specific times or hourly intervals. Depending on your choice there, you will then select the Integration Interval which is a specific time or the hourly rate you want the export to run.
6. If you choose E-mail as the integration type you will need to define the email address you want ecomdash to send the order to.
7. If you select FTP or SFTP, you will need to fill out the fields shown above. SFTP may require an additional SSH Private Key. Once you have saved, the test button allows you to ensure the FTP URL entered is a valid URL.
- Outbound URL: The FTP URL that your vendor wants ecomdash to place the order on and the username and password needed to access the FTP site.
- Inbound URL: The FTP URL that your vendor will be placing tracking information on and the username and password needed to access the FTP site.
8. Once the integration information has been set you can go to the Export Format tab. Here you can define a few settings to ensure the file ecomdash exports meets the requirements of your vendor.
9. Next you can use the highlighted drop down menu’s to define the information your vendor needs for your orders as well as the order of the columns on the csv file. Keep in mind that for FTP integrations, the Ecomdash ID or Ecomdash Item ID are required as that is what your vendor will need to pass back to ecomdash to ensure tracking is applied to the correct order.
- Ecomdash ID: This will be used if your vendor supplies a single tracking number for the entire order
- Ecomdash Item ID: This will be used if your vendor supplies tracking numbers per product.
10. The order of the fields shown here define the order of the columns that will be in the exported file. If your vendor needs the order file in a certain format, you can define that here. You can also define an Override Header if your vendor wants the Headers to be different than the default name of the field. An example would be if you want to call the ecomdash ID column something different, such as Order Number. You would type Order Number in the Override Header field.
11. If your warehouse is using FTP as it’s integration type, you will now need to define the import format so that ecomdash can properly import tracking from your vendor’s FTP site. The fields you add here tell us how to read and import the data provided, so if you vendor puts the order#/ecomdash ID in column 1, you need to set ecomdash ID as the first field. You must have a field here for each column in the file your vendor gives us.
Required fields to import tracking
- Ecomdash ID or Ecomdash Item ID
- Tracking Number
- Carrier (please note that you must have a carrier created as a Shipper in ecomdash so that the system can apply the carrier to the order properly from the file)
12. This completes the workflow overview of setting up a warehouse feed that will allow ecomdash to export orders to your vendor for fulfillment. Please reach out to support if you have any additional questions.
You can reach support in the following ways
- Email us at email@example.com
- Chat with us by clicking the green support button (Chat hours are M-F 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM EST)
- Schedule a call with us by clicking the question mark icon in the top right corner of ecomdash.