Ecomdash supports the ability to combine multiple sales orders into a single shipping order. This feature allows you to optimize shipping solutions in the event a single customer creates multiple orders that can be shipped together.
In order to combine shipping orders, the orders must have the same shipping address and be in the unshipped status.
How to Combine Shipping Orders
1. Create Shipping Orders for your Sales Orders. Some order processing workflows may create shipping orders automatically, if not you'll need to complete Steps 1-3 in this guide to have Shipping Orders for each Sales Order you would like to combine: https://support.ecomdash.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000728403-Shipping-Order-Work-Flow
2. Navigate to Orders > Shipping Management > Unshipped Orders
3. Use the Filters Dropdown to apply the Related Shipping Order Filter. Note: The filter will be highlighted in red if there are any orders eligible for combination.
4. Select Actions > Combine Shipping Orders. The order you select the combine option on will be the master shipping order moving forward. You can hover over the "i" icon to see which orders will be combined for shipment.
5. Generate your packing slip and shipping labels from the master shipping order.
6. Ecomdash will pass tracking and carrier information back to the storefront for each sales order that was combined for shipping purposes.
Once combined, shipping orders can be uncombined using the Remove Relationship button. This can be done until the order is marked as Shipped.
All related shipping orders are combined. If there are three related shipping orders, you cannot combine order 1 & 2, while shipping order 3 separately. You can hover over the "i" icon to see which orders will be combined for shipment.