If you want to set up a dropshipper in ecomdash, you will need to ask your dropshipper the following questions to see if they are compatible with ecomdash:
- Can they connect through one of these Integration types: FTP/FTPS, HTTP, SSH/SFTP
- Can they provide the files in one of these for these formats: .csv or .txt
- Can they provide the credentials for the feed Inbound URL (if FTP direct to the folder, if HTTP direct to file), File Name, Inbound Username, Inbound Password
- What is the file delimiter (Comma, Semicolon, Tab, Tilda, or Vertical Bar)
- Will the order feeds be communication through FTP, SFTP, or email?
- Will the tracking and carrier information be communicated through FTP or SFTP?
- What are the fields required for a dropshipper to process/fulfill the orders?
- Does your drop shipper send tracking updates for you? If so, are they able to provide the Order Number, Carrier, and Tracking Number? These fields are required for us to process the tracking information
If they do support the above requirements, you will need to gather the following information from them to ensure a proper integration:
- The URL on which your dropshipper will be placing their inventory file. This is called the Inbound URL.
- The name of the inventory file on the URL if there is more than one file at that location
- The Username and Password needed to access that site if needed
- A copy of the file so that you can create a matching import format that will allow ecomdash to import the data properly
- The URL on which your dropshipper would like ecomdash to place your order onto. This is called the Outbound URL.
- The URL on which your dropshipper will be placing their tracking file onto. This is called the Inbound URL
- The name of the tracking file on the URL if there is more than one
- The Username and Password needed to access those sites if needed
- A copy of the tracking file so that you can create a matching import format that will allow ecomdash to import the data properly
- A copy of a sample order file in the format they need that will allow you to create an export format that will provide them with the data they need in the format they need it in.
We also have an API located here: https://ecomdash.portal.azure-api.net/ With this you should be able to get your suppliers inventory data from their API and have that fed into your ecomdash account using that API. You can also pull your sales orders from our API and have those setup within the supplier API.
For more information on the dropshipping process, click here