Ecomdash can grab your supplier’s inventory file from an FTP or HTTP location to import and process. The first step in getting this setup is to build the format within ecomdash so we know how to read in the file. To do this:
- Go to Administration, and the Inventory Import / Export formats
- Click Add New Format and you can name it after your supplier to keep track of the feed
- Once you click save you will be in the Import format detail screen
- You will see 2 dropdowns on the screen called “Product” attributes and then “Listing” attributes. These dropdowns display all of the fields available within ecomdash. You will use these available fields to create an exact mapping of your supplier file.
- For example, if the supplier file has SKU in column A of their CSV file, you will select SKU Number from the product dropdown and add it to the format in the first position. If Name is in the second column of the supplier file, you would select Name from the product dropdown and add it in the second row of the format.
- You will want to repeat this to create an exact mapping of your supplier file and the ecomdash import format. If needed, you can use the Ignore attribute in the product dropdown to provide you a placeholder for any column that is on the supplier file that you want to skip or not map into ecomdash.
- Once you have an exact mapping of the file and the format, you will want to count and confirm the number of columns in the file match identically the number of attributes you assigned to your format.
Tip: The override value field for each attribute lets you define a “set” value for the attribute. When this value is set, ecomdash will populate the override value for all products uploaded instead of reading the value from the file being processed.