Now that you have a good understanding of the terminology we use and how ecomdash syncs, the next step is to validate and set your quantities. Here are some key items you want to confirm before you turn on auto sync:
- Is your quantity on hand correct for your products?
- If needed, did you set Available Quantity or Reserve Level for your products?
- Do you need to use Reference ID to ensure your products are matched and managed across sales channels?
If so, there are 2 ways to make any of these updates.
- The first is to go to Inventory > Inventory Management > Product Details (binocular icon).
- From there you will see a few tabs across the top. The first tab is the Details tab where you will find the quantity on hand and reserve quantity fields. The quantity adjustments can be made at the bottom of the page in the Warehouse Section.
- On the Storefront Setup tab within a product detail, you will see the available quantity, the always use available quantity, as well as the reference ID field which is used to map the products to your SKU’s.
- In addition to updating using the user interface, you can also set this data in bulk across your products by using an inventory upload format and setting this data by uploading a spreadsheet that contains this data and a corresponding ecomdash inventory import format.
- You can build an import format by navigating to Settings > Inventory Settings > Import Format. For more information on building an import format, see our guide on Import and Export Formats