Skip to main content
Where Can I Set My Default Shipping Weight?
- Navigate to Inventory> All Inventory.
- Select Actions> View for a product in your inventory to see the Product Details for that SKU.
- Scroll down to the Shipping section. You will see two attributes:
- Shipping Weight Major: pounds/kilograms
- Shipping Weight Minor: ounces/grams
- Enter your Shipping Weight defaults and save.
This does not set the package weight. We sell a lot of small, light weight items and if you add package weight to all of them, it can bump up shipping costs if a lot of them are ordered. For instance, we have one item that weighs .01oz. In order for Ecomdash to generate a label, we have to manually change the shipping weight on the shipping order to .1oz. If we changed the item weight to .1oz and someone ordered 100, that would set the shipping weight to 10oz on the shipping order even though the actual weight is 1oz. We would be paying excess shipping costs for these items.
Please sign in to leave a comment.