You can use Email Templates to create promotional templates and send emails to your customers from ecomdash.
NOTE: The email marketing tool can be used to manually trigger the sending of emails out to customers within ecomdash, so if you are looking for something to automate the sending of emails, we are integrated with Mandrill, and you can sign up for an account here, http://mandrill.com/.
To setup an Email Template follow these instructions:
1. Navigate to Settings > General Settings > Email Templates
2. Select "Add New"
3. Create an email template Name. This is just for reference within drop downs inside of ecomdash.
4. Select the Storefront you want to tie this email template to.
5. Select if you want to include order details on the email.
6. Select if you want to Auto Send an email for this template. (remember, emails can only be auto sent if you have integrated your Mandrill account with ecomdash).
7. Selecting products will tie the email template to specific products. When your sales, shipping or purchase order contains this product it will populate by default within your email form. If you want the email to apply to all products sold on a storefront, check the apply to all checkbox.
8. Fill in the subject line and the body you want defaulted into the email. You can click the "Show Available Merge Field" link to see a list of the merge fields you can copy and paste into the Email Body field.
*NOTE: If you want the product sold within the order, you can use [PRODUCTNAME] within the email subject or the email body and we will pull the product name directly into your email for you. If more than 1 product sold within the order, we will pull the first product into the email template. To include the Storefront name, use [STOREFRONTNAME]. To include Product Sold As Name, use [SOLDASPRODUCT]. To include the Customer Name, use [CUSTOMERNAME]. To include the Sales Order Number, use [SALESORDERNUMBER]. To include the Tracking #'s and Carriers for your shipments, use [TRACKINGNUMBERANDCARRIER].
9. Now when you go to email something within ecomdash, you will be able to select this Email Template instead of typing everything out every time.