If your supplier refreshes the feed and you have the FTP or HTTP information to connect to the location, here is how you can turn this import format into an inventory feed to grab the file automatically moving forward:
- Within your inventory import format (located within Administration, and then Inventory Import formats) you will see a checkbox to Enable Inventory File Integration. You will want to check that box.
- From there you will see a few additional fields to set. The first is how often you want ecomdash to go grab the file and process it within ecomdash.
- The next is the type of file that is on the supplier site such as a comma separated value (CSV) or tab separated Value (TXT).
- The last dropdown is to set the integration type which is to define if this will be an FTP or HTTP connection.
- If you select FTP you will need to define the URL of where the file is stored. The File Name is optional but if you do not define the name, ecomdash will process any CSV file located in the folder. You will also need to define the FTP Username and Password to access the file.
- If you select HTTP you will need to define the URL of where the file is stored. You will also need to define the FTP Username and Password to access the file.
- Once you click Save on the inventory import format, the format is now live as a feed and ecomdash will run based on the interval you defined to pick up and process the file.
Tip: When processing the file, if ecomdash matches on the SKU it will update the information accordingly; if ecomdash does not match on the SKU it will add a product for you to your inventory.