There are a few places you can define defaults for your shipping process. The defaults help you save time by setting the data one time and this will expedite the shipping process.
Shipping Settings: If you go to Administration, Settings and then click on the Shipping Tab. From here you can define:
- Label DPI Quality
- Label Order to be sent to your printer
- Print Dimensions for your Shipping Label
- Print Dimensions for your Packing Slips
- Cut Off Date for Shipping
- Default Shipping Carrier
Products: Within a product detail you will see an attributes section. Within this section you can define:
- Shipping Weight Major and Shipping Weight Minor values to set your pounds and ounces defaults.
- Box Dimension attributes such as Height, Width and Length which will default into the shipping module.
- Warehouse Location such as which warehouse the item resides and the aisle and bin location information.
Carrier Level: Within the integration page (located under Administration, Shippers) where you added your carrier you will see an options tab. This tab contains global defaults for:
- Package Type
- Box Dimensions
Packing Slip Customizations: To customize your packing slips you can define what data displays and the logo on the slip at the sales channel level. This way if you have a different brand for different channels you can customize them specifically for that storefront. To do this, go to Administration, and then Storefronts. Open up the integration and you will see a Packing Slip tab within the integration detail screens and you can customize your packing slip from here.