Dropship Management Part 2: Creating Inventory Feed
1. Add an Import Inventory Format
- Go to Administration > Inventory Settings > Import Format
- Click the action drop down 'Add New'
- Create a name for this format and click 'Add'
- Choose a storefront that this format will be tied to our select All.
- Click the 'Enable Inventory File Integration' check box
- Choose an integration interval time which tells ecomdash how often to look for new files.
- Choose a text file delimiter and choose the integration type.
- Only include the file name if you do not want ecomdash to retrieve any other files in the directory.
- Input the 'Inbound URL', 'Inbound Username' and 'Inbound Password'.
2. Create an Inventory Import Format
- Using the 'Product Field' and 'Attribute Field' drop down menus, add fields that match your .CSV file that you want imported into ecomdash
- The three required fields are Name, Quantity on Hand, and SKU Number
- Use the product field 'Ignore' to ignore columns that you do not want to upload into ecomdash.
- Product fields are attributes fields are listed specific based on the storefront you choose.
- The three required fields are Name, Quantity on Hand and SKU Number.
- Use the product field 'Ignore' to ignore columns that you do not want uploaded into ecomdash.
- Click the 'Red X' to delete attributes from an inventory format
- If FTP, the file should be directed to the folder that contains the file. If you would like the FTP to be pointed to a specific file, enter the file name.
- If HTTP, and the URL should be directed at the file
- Enter your Username/Password for the location if the integration type is an FTP.