What is a Scan Form
Within ecomdash, you can generate a SCAN Form to increase efficiency when shipping orders. A SCAN Form, is a piece of paper with a master barcode that includes all the packages associated with a group shipment. At the time of pick-up, the USPS employee scans the barcode on the SCAN form to disseminate tracking info for all the packages rather than scanning each package individually. This single step saves a lot of time for USPS employees.
How to Generate a Scan Form
**For multi-warehousing accounts only**
To generate a SCAN Form, you must first have a Shipping Order with a label generated. If you do not already have one, follow this guide for the Shipping Order Workflow.
Once you have generated a label, you will
- Navigate to Orders > Shipping Management > All Shipping Orders.
- Ensure that the last Status and Date Range dropdown menus are set to "Shipped" and "Last Day"
- Then choose an USPS shipper from the blue Start Scan Form button.
- Next you will have the opportunity to include / exclude any shipped order in this Scan Form.
- Once you've verified the orders you want have been selected, click the green Print Scan Form button.
Rules to Generate a SCAN Form
In order to properly generate a SCAN Form, you must ensure that your shipping order meets the following requirements:
- It has been generated with a USPS Shipper (Stamps.com, Endicia, Pitney Bowes).
- It has been generated within 24 hours of Printing a SCAN Form.
- It has not already been generated on a previous SCAN Form