When it comes time to order more inventory, you can create a Purchase Order in ecomdash. The Purchase Order can be printed or emailed to your supplier. The steps below will guide you through the process.
A Purchase order can be created by navigating to Restock > Purchase Orders or Inventory > Low Inventory using similar steps.
1. Click 'Add New' to create a purchase order
2. Click 'Add Products' to add inventory that needs to be reordered to the Purchase Order
3. On the Add Products Screen, you can add individual products to the PO by clicking the Green Plus Icon. Products can be added in groups by placing a check in the checkbox and selecting 'Add to Purchase Order'. You can specify the quantity you would like to order in the Re-Order Unit Qty column. This information can be added or modified later. Products that do not exist in ecomdash can be created and ordered by selecting "Create Product". Products created using this method are automatically added to the PO. Additional product details can be added in inventory management after the PO has been submitted.
4. Your selections have now been added to the PO. If an item is currently on another open PO, a Warning Icon will appear next to the Quantity on Hand column. These products can also be viewed using the 'Show Items Already On Order?' option.
5. Use the Billing and Shipping Tabs to ensure your billing and shipping information are accurate.
6. Hover over Actions and click 'Submit & Email' or 'Submit & Print' to send the PO to your supplier through their preferred method. Once complete click 'Submit' to update the status of the PO in ecomdash to submitted if necessary.
7. Your Purchase order has now been submitted to the supplier. Next, follow the steps in this guide to receive the inventory.
- Landed Cost is the total cost for a particular unit that includes shipping and sales tax
- ecomdash will automatically calculate the order total
- You can create purchase orders straight from the Low Inventory section in the Inventory Management module. Your low inventory products are automatically placed into the Low Inventory section, and you can create a purchase order for those specific products by selecting them via the check boxes, and clicking on the New Purchase Order button.
- Purchase Orders can be "Cloned" from the Purchase Order Details Page. If you need to submit a PO identical to one you have already submitted, use "Clone" to copy all details into a new PO.