How to build a import/export format:
1. Navigate to Administration -> Inventory Import/Export Formats
2. Click 'Add New Format'
3. Give your format a name and choose 'Add'
4. Update the Basic Information
Storefront- the storefront drop down will update inventory for that specific storefront
Warehouse - the warehouse drop down will update inventory for that specific warehouse
5. Inventory File Integration - this check box should be checked if you are wanting to have an automated inventory import/export feed.
6. Choose 'add attribute'. Using the format type selection dropdown, choose product and listing to view different attributes, create a format that matches your .CSV exactly. Find the attribute you would like to add and choose the green 'plus' button to add to your format.
-Product attributes are attributes at the product level such as name, quantity, warehouse ID, Supplier, etc.
-Listing attributes are attributes that are sales channel specific. If you change the storefront dropdown at the top of your import format, you can choose your storefront such as Amazon which will only show Amazon listing attributes in the listing attribute dropdown.
7. Click 'Save'
-If you .CSV file contains SKU number, quantity, and name. You will find the attributes SKU number, quantity on hand and Name to add to your format.
-If you .CSV file contains 20 columns, you will want to have 20 columns on your format in ecomdash. If you cannot find an attribute within our system, use the 'Ignore' attribute to skip over that column.
-If you would like to add a custom Name, File Prefix, or File Extension to your export formats, you can add that information under the Integration Settings Section